Sunday, June 1, 2008

That's What Lovers Do


A girl likes this boy, but she just can't confess the truth.
Every night, she listens to a song which explained about her feelings towards the boy.
One day, she decided to burn the song into a CD and gave it to the boy.

BOY: Whats this?
GIRL: A song, for you.
(she looks on the floor, really shy)
BOY: I have something for you too!

The girl went hummed as she went along. She thought the boy had the same feelings for her.

BOY: It's just a silly song, you'll hate it anyway.

The girl was near to tears. Her hopes of him liking her was destroyed.

GIRL: Oh it's okay! I love listening to new songs, every night.

(whispers to herself but the boy heard it)
Seems like I've never heard another song than...
BOY: Than what?
GIRL: Oh, just some song.
BOY: Oooo-kay. Uhh...You keep the CD for awhile. I need to pee.
GIRL: Oh sure. I'll take care of your stuff.
BOY: No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Hehe! Just keep the CD, the others...don't, okay?

GIRL: Okay!
..the boy comes back

GIRL: That was... fast?
BOY: Is that a question?
GIRL: Err...no, forget about it. Hey, a guy... a friend of your's just dropped you a CD.

He said it's the one you really wanted.
BOY: OH?
GIRL: Uh.
BOY: Take it, i don't think i need it.
GIRL: But, you really wanted this cd...
BOY: Ooh, i got to go!

The boy grabbed the CD the girl gave him and ran. The girl looked at the CD he left for her and grinned.

GIRL: I think I have to listen to this tonight.

She listened that night. But it wasn't a song. It was the beach. Or, the sound of people talking more likely!

OTHER BOY: HIIII! I'm recording this.
BOY: Stop talking to the recorder.
OTHER BOY: OOOOH. Whatever! Hey, I want to know...do you have a girlfriend?
BOY: You sound like you're flirting with me.
OTHER BOY: Hey...come on. Just answer.
BOY: No, I don't, okay?
OTHER BOY: I have this hot girl...
BOY: I like somebody, so stop bothering me.
OTHER BOY: Who?
BOY: She always tie her hair back in a ponytail way,

The girl smiled. It sounded like her, just like her.

OTHER BOY: Uhuh - Uhuh.
BOY: She always looks down at the floor as if she's in love with it, it makes me jealous.
OTHER BOY: You're jealous of a floor? You're out of your mind. hmmmmm.
BOY: I love her, okay. Thats what lovers do.
OTHER BOY: Does she love you?
BOY: OH! He just missed a goal!
OTHER BOY: Does she like you?
BOY: I don't know.

There was silence for awhile.

BOY: I hope she's listening to this right now.
OTHER BOY: I'll give it to her, what's her name?

The boy said the girl's name.
... suddenly, the phone rang.

GIRL: Hello?
BOY: Thanks for the song. I love it. Better than MCR.
GIRL: Oh. How'd you get my number?
BOY: Magic. Ha-Ha. So, want to go out?
GIRL: Huh? What?
BOY: Well, thats what lovers do, don't they?

The girl smiled to herself.

That's what lovers do.

No comments: